Friday, September 10, 2010

Rituals impact on change of heart

The reason which made me write this blog was that of a certain behavior of an Omani elderly. At elast he looked so. First day of Eid and I live in an area where in te neighbour hood leaves some elderly Omani people as well. As customay I see a lot of youngsters coming over to greet them during Ramadan and essentially in the first day of Eid.
On a normal day, one side of the road is already occupied which allows only one lane of traffic. Being the first day of Eid and with the customary visit it was expected that cars would have to reverse to let other go. I get out of my house @11 in the morning and there comes a black Merc SL500 with the number plate 676 A, driven by an eldery Omani. It so happened that we came face to face at a turn and the only possibility was for him to go back. So he did go back but then he moved to a position where I had to clear way and he instructed as he was instruction his worker.
I am not sure why it made me think whether he got offended since he had to move back and wanted to show that he had not given way and so made me to move so that he could feel satisafied. Well I am not sure whether the ritual he followed during Ramadan had made him a better person and the very next day he changed!!! Or am I egoistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home